Venue – Villa Lanna
Located in the residential quarter of Bubeneč in Prague 6, the Neo-Renaissance landmark building was built in 1872 by the prominent industrialist and art collector Vojtěch Lanna as a summer retreat. The villa stands on the site of the former main road used by the Prague social elite to reach their favourite recreation grounds in Stromovka. The frescoes on the outside of the building were painted by Viktor Barvitius using studies produced by Josef Mánes; Barvitius also contributed to the fresco decoration in the interior. The ground floor of the villa features a foyer with a reception desk and two social halls with elaborate wall paintings. The smaller hall with a maximum seating capacity of 18 (originally the billiard room) is ideal for ceremonial lunches and dinners. The larger social hall with an outdoor terrace is suitable for conferences, seminars, weddings and family celebrations. Also available for use in the historic building is a lounge on the first floor with a lovely terrace offering fine views of the villa’s tended garden. The newly opened and restored tower with an observation deck provides impressive views of the area surrounding Villa Lanna as well as the Prague Zoo and the Troja Chateau and its vineyards. Those with a little free time on their hands can enjoy the permanent exhibit of works by the famous printmaker Oldřich Kulhánek. The renovated garden with a number of benches and an arbour is a pleasant place to sit or enjoy a stroll at any time of the year. Secure parking is available on the premises.
Please check our website later. The information about accomodation and transportation will be added in late spring.